Product Data Sheet (PDS)
Warning! This product is not our Highest Performing Glass Coating! For long term durability and all-weather performance, we recommend GPPP083®.
GPWB128® is a low VOC, low odor, self-priming/permanent-bonding waterborne glass coating suitable for use on interior architectural glass surfaces.
- Uses industry leading nano-tech bonding properties.
- Can be applied to glass surfaces by spraying, rolling, or brushing.
- Has low re-coat time and fast cure time.
- Has excellent performance characteristics, such as flow, leveling, weathering, and film hardness.
- Is available in neutral and white tint bases with a wide range of color match capabilities by Glassprimer™ TrueColor® technology.
Only apply when air temperature is above 40ºF (4ºC) and glass surface temperature is at least 5ºF (3ºC) above the dew point. Do not use in areas with intense UV light exposure (recommended for indoor use).
Note: Warranty does not apply for use in high moisture environments.
Glass Surface Cleaning
- Thoroughly spray/saturate glass surface with 70/30 isopropyl rubbing alcohol.
- Scrub the entire glass surface with #000 or #0000 steel wool. This ensures all possible impurities that could be impregnated into the glass surface have been removed.
- Clean glass surface with the same alcohol and new paper towels until dry (do not use lint free paper towels). Make sure glass has a squeaky clean feel/sound to the surface while being wiped dry.
- Packaging: 1 gal/3.78L (short filled for adding colorant)
- VOC: 1.67 lbs/gal (200 g/L)
- Viscosity: 85-125 ku
- Weight Per Gal: 13.2 lbs (5.99 kg)
- Mixing Ratio: 4 parts GPWB128® paint/1part GPWBC128® catalyst
- Thinning: 2 parts distilled water
- Dry Film Thickness: 2.5 mil min/5.5 mil max
- Coverage: Up to 265 sq ft/gal (24.6 sq m)
- Pot Life: 15 hours
- Clean Up: Water
- Shelf Life: GPWB128® 3 years/GPWBC128® 2 years unopened
- Storage: Store in a dry place at room temperature
Resistance To Chemicals & Other Solvents
Excellent Resistance To:
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- 10% Sulfuric Acid
- 10% Ammonia
- 10% Hydrochloric Acid
- 10% Sodium Hydroxide
- UV Light
Very Good Resistance To:
- 500 Hours Salt Spray
Good Resistance To:
- Water (immersion not recommended)
Resistance To Heat: 350ºF (176.7ºC)
Tinting & Base Information
GPWB128® can only be tinted with GPWB128® colorants due to the products nano-tech properties. Color formulas require GPWB128® white tint base or GPWB128® neutral tint base depending on color. Many paint mfg color formulas can be generated through Glassprimer™ TrueColor® technology.
- Optimal Condition: 120°F (49°C) and 50% humidity
- Touch: 20 minutes
- Handle: 4 hours
- Re-Coat: 2 hours min/20 days max
- Full Cure: Generally 24-72 hours in optimal conditions. Curing time can take up to 20 days if conditions are not optimal. Curing time will become substantially longer if the paint is applied in film thickness greater than our recommendations.A good field test to determine if the paint is cured enough for install is a finger nail test. Press your finger nail into the painted surface with force. If you can see any indentation in the paint after you remove your finger, the paint needs more time to cure. If the painted surface feels hard like the glass surface with no visible indent, it is generally ready for install.
- Spray: HVLP cup gun, gravity or suction feed
- Tip Size: 1.5-2.0mm
- Pressure: 40-120 psi
- Roller: Solvent resistant mohair roller
- Brush: Solvent resistant natural bristle
- Mils Wet: 3.0 min/8.0 max
- Mils Dry: 2.5 min/5.5 max
- Mix GPWB128® paint thoroughly before mixing with GPWBC128® catalyst.
- Add 1 part of GPWBC128® catalyst to 4 parts of GPWB128® paint and mix well.
- Once mixed let paint stand (digest) for 5 minutes before spraying.
- Pour paint through paint strainer before use. Air spraying is the most recommended application method.
Once fully cured, GPWB128® is compatible with neutral cure (acid free) silicone glue and double sided glazer tape (not recommended to be installed with mirror mastic).
Note: Read all labels, warning labels, and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) information prior to use.