Product Data Sheet (PDS)
GPPP083® is the highest performance glass coating by Glassprimer™ and has been proven industry standard since 1998. GPPP083® is a low VOC self-priming/permanent-bonding glass coating suitable for use on both interior and exterior architectural glass surfaces.
- Uses industry leading nano-tech bonding properties.
- Can be applied to glass surfaces by spraying, rolling, or brushing.
- Has low re-coat time and fast cure time.
- Has excellent performance characteristics, such as flow, leveling, weathering, film hardness, and ultraviolet resistance.
- Meets and exceeds ASTM standards for spandrel glass coatings.
- Available in neutral and white tint bases with a wide range of color match capabilities by Glassprimer™ TrueColor® technology.
Note: Warranty does not apply to exterior use.
Only apply when air temperature is above 40ºF (4ºC) and glass surface temperature is at least 5ºF (3ºC) above the dew point.
Note: Warranty does not apply for use in high moisture environments.
Glass Surface Cleaning
- Thoroughly spray/saturate glass surface with 70/30 isopropyl rubbing alcohol.
- Scrub the entire glass surface with #000 or #0000 steel wool. This ensures all possible impurities that could be impregnated into the glass surface have been removed.
- Clean glass surface with the same alcohol and new paper towels until dry (do not use lint free paper towels). Make sure glass has a squeaky clean feel/sound to the surface while being wiped dry.
- Packaging: 1 gal/3.78L (short filled for adding colorant)
- VOC: 2.44 lbs/gal (293 g/L)
- Viscosity: 85-125 ku
- Weight Per Gal: 13.2 lbs (5.99 kg)
- Mixing Ratio: 7 parts GPPP083® paint/1 part GPUC083® catalyst
- Thinning: 2 parts acetone max
- Dry Film Thickness: 2.5 mil min/5.5 mil max
- Coverage: Up to 265 sq ft/gal (24.6 sq m)
- Pot Life: 2-3 hours
- Clean Up: Acetone
- Shelf Life: GPPP083® 3 years/GPUC083® 2 years unopened
- Storage: Store in a dry place at room temperature
Resistance To Chemicals & Other Solvents
Excellent Resistance To:
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- 10% Sulfuric Acid
- 10% Ammonia
- 10% Hydrochloric Acid
- 10% Sodium Hydroxide
- UV Light
Very Good Resistance To:
- 500 Hours Salt Spray
Good Resistance To:
- Water (immersion not recommended)
Resistance To Heat: 350ºF (176.7ºC)
Tinting & Base Information
GPPP083® can only be tinted with GPPP083® colorants due to the products nano-tech properties. Color formulas require GPPP083® white tint base or GPPP083® neutral tint base depending on color. Most paint manufacturer color formulas can be generated through Glassprimer™ TrueColor® technology.
- Optimal Condition: 75°F (23.9°C) and 50% humidity
- Touch: 2.5 hours
- Handle: 4 hours
- Re-Coat: 10 mins min/5 hours max
- Full Cure: Generally 24-72 hours in optimal conditions. Curing time can take up to 15 days if conditions are not optimal. Curing time will become substantially longer if the paint is applied in film thickness greater than our recommendations.
A good field test to determine if the paint is cured enough for install is a finger nail test. Press your finger nail into the painted surface with force. If you can see any indentation in the paint after you remove your finger, the paint needs more time to cure. If the painted surface feels hard like the glass surface with no visible indent, it is generally ready for install.
- Spray: HVLP cup gun, gravity or suction feed
- Tip Size: 1.5-2.0mm
- Pressure: 40-120 psi
- Roller: Solvent resistant mohair roller
- Brush: Solvent resistant natural bristle
- Mils Wet: 3.0 min/8.0 max
- Mils Dry: 2.5 min/5.5 max
- Mix GPPP083® paint thoroughly before mixing with GPUC083® catalyst.
- Add 1 part of GPUC083® catalyst to 7 parts of GPPP083® paint and mix well.
- Once mixed let paint stand (digest) for 5 minutes before spraying.
- Pour paint through paint strainer before use. Air spraying is the most recommended application method.
Once fully cured, GPPP083® is compatible with mirror mastic (paint can style only), neutral cure (acid free) silicone glue, and double sided glazer tape.
Note: Read all labels, warning labels, and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) information prior to use.
Free GPPP083® Glass Painted Samples
Get free samples of back-painted glass in your chosen color. Shipping & handling fees apply.
- You are responsible for Shipping & Handling charges
- this offer is for North America & International.
- There are no color options for a free sample, we ship whatever color we have in stock.
This video demonstrates the application of the easy to use GPPP083® glass coating.